Join Urban Green Lab for their first ever Urban Green Lab Open House! They have recently moved into to Marathon Village and what better day is there than Giving Tuesday to come and meet your friendly neighborhood sustainability education nonprofit.
Free on street parking and in Marathon parking lot (tell attendant you are visiting Urban Green Lab Suite 205).
About Urban Green Lab:
Urban Green Lab was founded in 2009 in Nashville, Tennessee, and incorporated as a 501(c)3 nonprofit in 2011. The organization began as a group of passionate friends with a shared mission of sustainability education and an idea to build a brick-and-mortar center where the community could learn the basics of sustainable living. In 2013, Urban Green Lab hired its first executive director, and in 2016, shifted its outreach to a mobile laboratory that delivers sustainable living education citywide. Today, our mission thrives in systemic ways through our classrooms, households, and workplaces.
- We believe sustainability is for all of us. We believe sustainable choices should be attainable and celebrated by everyone, and that the most effective programs are guided by those they ultimately serve.
- We think education is the key to prevention. Education is at the root of cultural change and a simple, low-cost tool for preventing bigger problems down the road. All of us can be teachers and we’re always learning.
- We value the power of partnerships and teamwork. Nothing can be achieved alone. For this reason, we align with the community’s goals, hold each other accountable, and build from our diverse skills and perspectives.
- We pursue quality over quantity in our results. We plan carefully, take risks intentionally, never stray from our mission, and are honest about the actual impact we can make in our world. Change takes time, patience, and hard work.
- We are good stewards of our organization. Taking good care of what we have is at the heart of who we are and what we do, and we use your gifts of support responsibly and transparently.
Image by Urban Green Lab.